Thursday, February 15, 2018

150 Pathways to God: #10 Translating eagle

It was an early morning drive down Pine Creek near a well-known trout fishing area. I was enjoying the crisp, cool morning air and the way the sun was painting the road with shadows of the tree-lined narrow road. A bald eagle suddenly flew down and sat on a tree branch directly in front of me as I came around the slight bend in the road and crossed the little bridge. I'd never been so close to a bald eagle. He was superb! I slowed my car and stopped and starred at him out of the front windshield. We starred at each other for quite some time. I was transfixed by his majesty. I couldn't wait to get home to look at my Signs and Symbols book to read about the significant of such of sighting. I was absolutely sure it meant something important - a bald eagle after all!

I got home and hurried to looked it up to translate the event into meaning. I read what the book suggested and tried to relate it to my life. But it fell short somehow.

Later, someone much wiser then me pointed out the following sentiment:

The bird was just being who he was in his aligned natural state with the Creator. In my playful state of wonder about the created world and observing it with happiness and joy riding down the road I was aligned with the Creator as well. At the intersection of common alignment with our spiritual being-ness, the bird revealed himself. Knowing that in that moment we were on equal ground he came out to play. His presence in the world was bold and uninhibited, his "being" as pure eagle-ness, not worried about anything, not regretting anything from the past or anxious about the future, just showing up fully present and communicating nothing beyond that raw being-ness. I was sitting in my car as pure eagle-ness too. We are bound together
he and I,
he and I and the tree,
he and I and the tree and the creek,
he and I and the tree and the creek and the grass,
he and I and the tree and the creek and the grass and the fish in the creek,
he and I and the tree and the creek, and the grass and the fish in the creek and the rocks on the side of the road,
he and I and the tree and the creek, and the grass and the fish in the creek and the rocks on the side of the road and the clear blue sky....

We all breathed a single breath and said in our hearts: How sweet it is to know the knowing-ness of our being-ness.

No translation for that was ever necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment