Friday, February 2, 2018

150 Pathways to God: #8 Messages From the Windows

From guest contributor: Cheryl Hein Walters, Harpist, Saint James' Episcopal Church

I stretch with an amazing woman at DIY (Do It Yourself) Yoga most days, before working hours. She IS CIRCUS yoga. She can be lying on her back and with one fluid motion, stand straight up to vertical- with no hands. Not a word of a grunt. She can be vertical, yet bend over backwards to an arch position, tummy to the sky, so that only her hands and feet touch the mat, wheel-position. And of course, she is correct, "CIRCUS" is neither accurate nor respectful. Her yoga is not for display or entertainment. Yet still, it is a WOW to see what a thirty-year, most-days practice can do for strength, flexibility and peace. She is a believer in a Divine Connection, as am I. So as I stretch, I was delighted when the trucks outside the yoga studio windows started carrying messages straight to me.
On an ordinary day, I was in the zone, blissed out at the end of a challenging, yet oh-so-satisfying yoga hour. As I stood, a truck went by with the slogan, "Stronger For Your Success" written in white on the black side panel. The next day, same thing, same truck~ and I saw the rest of the company name. "Klein" means 'small' in German, and rhymes with my German-American maiden name. Smaller but stronger, ha! Only ONE of the reasons I do daily yoga.

Months later, closer to Christmas, I was meditating after yoga, asking for peace during our upcoming
visit with a particular whack-a-doodle relative and just as I stood up, a large crane went by with the
words "KEEP CLEAR" written on the boom arm. I repeated those sage words all thru the holidays and we had one of the best visits yet. Least fights witnessed, most fun had. Whaaaat? You mean MY
attitude is part of the issue here...?

The latest message from the windows made me break the serene, breathing-only silence of the studio,
laughing out loud. I was sending 'arrow' prayers up at the end of my stretch, "Help me get back on
track", "Help me change my no-holds-barred-it's-a-holiday-anyway- eating", and "Let me do Your will". As I stood up, a long, grey, double line of Port-A-Potties went by the windows on a flat bed truck.Oh, Universe, you are so delicious. Got it. Get rid of the crap. Drop what's no longer needed, physically and mentally.

A New Year is upon us! Opportunity cries: Be free! Joy awaits! May all YOUR messages be of freedom, peace, and may you. drop. the. crap. And may Divine Humor also be yours- Look for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment